Is My BVN Also My Sort Code?: Can I Use My BVN As My Sort Code Nigeria Bqnks

is my bvn also my sort code?, can I use my BVN as my bank sorts code?, what is different between BVN and sort code?....


   Bank verification number is not as same as sorts code. Meanwhile in Nigeria sort code was in existence before BVN and for that reason they are not same.

    Now let's look closely to their meanings one after the other.

             What Is BVN?.

The Bank Verification Number commonly called BVN is a 
biometric identification system implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria. It is a modern security measure in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 1958 to
reduce fraud in the banking system. Wikipedia.

       What Is Bank Sort Code?.

Sort codes, in the British and Irish banking industries, are bank codes used to route money transfers between banks within their respective countries via their respective clearance organisations. In Ireland, a sort code is known as the NSC or National Sort Code and is regulated by IPSO.

   So now with all these points and definition you can be able to to point out the difference between BVN and Sorts Code.


     Also Read: list of uba sort code

Comments